The Lillitest Rapid Rabies Ag Test Kit is an immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of the Rabies Virus in dogs, cattle, raccoons, dog saliva and brain homogenate.
Test Kit Components
- 20 aluminium foil bags, each with a Rabies Ag Card with Dropper and Desiccant
- 20 sample collection tubes containing the assay diluents
- 20 individually packaged swabs
- Instruction booklet
The test card has a letter “T” and “C” as the test and control lines on its surface. Both the test line and the control line in the result window are not visible before applying any swatch. The control line is used for procedural control. The control line should always appear if the test procedure is successful and the test control line reagents are working. A purple test line will be visible in the result window if there is enough rabies antigen in the show. Rabies antibodies specially selected in the test band are used for both capture and detection. This allows the device for identifying rabies antigens with a high degree of accuracy
1) Collect saliva samples and 10% fluid from brain tissue and homogenize them using the swab
2) Insert the swab into the test tube and mix gently until the sample dissolves in the buffer diluent
3) Leave the tube until the large particles have settled to the bottom. of the tube
- Allow all kit components and samples to come to room temperature before the test
- Remove the test card from the foil pouch.
- Fill the pipette with the test tube supernatant and drop 3 drops of the assay buffer containing the sample in well “S” test card
- Interpret test results at 10 minutes
Interpretation of the Results
- The presence of two colour bands “T” and “C” within the result window, no matter which band appears first indicates a positive Outcome.
- The presence of a single band on the “C” line within the result window indicates a negative result.
- If the control band is not visible within the result window, the result is considered invalid.
The kit can be stored at room temperature (2-30°C) or refrigerated. The test kit is stable until the expiration date is marked on the package label. Do not freeze or store the test kit in direct sunlight.
1) All samples should be handled as if they were potentially infectious.
2) Do not open or remove Test Cards from their individually sealed packages bags until immediately before use
3) Do not use reagents beyond the indicated expiration date marked on the package label
4) The components of this kit have been quality control tested as standard lot units. Do not mix components from different batches lots
Limitations of the test
- As with all diagnostic tests, the definitive diagnosis must be based on all the data from the case history, clinical and laboratory findings, etc.
- Being evaluated by the vet.
- For more accurate immune status, additional follow-up tests and other laboratory methods are recommended.